There has been a paradigm shift in the way people access the Internet as smartphone and other hand held devices are being increasingly used to access the Internet. Is such a scenario building a mobile site has become an essential part of WordPress development. The most popular content management system in the world is leading the way in mobile site development as WordPress developers have mastered the art of offering a full site experience to smartphones users with the help of plugins such as WordPress Mobile Edition, Mobify, WP Touch and WordPress Mobile pack among others.
Hire WordPress developers and they will offer your visitors with a robust mobile website helping in increasing your reach and add to your traffic and business. WordPress development makes it easy for mobile websites to support all the different smartphone platforms such as Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows etc. The plugins used for mobile websites easily detect the device and render a compatible version of the website for best results.
Things to Keep In Mind with WordPress Mobile Website
- First and foremost, make use of the WordPress themes available as this will ease the development process. There are a lot of free and premium mobile themes available in WordPress development. These themes are customizable to offer your website a unique look.
- Make adequate use of images and graphics in your mobile website. Too many images can make the website heavy and difficult to access and too less makes it boring and mundane.
- The key to success with a mobile WordPress website lies in the content and the functionality that is offered to the visitors. Gone are those days when a skimmed mobile website would attract the users. Offer a full version website with images and all other functionalities of your desktop version.
- If you are building a social network or an e-commerce website, make sure the mobile website is in complete sync with the desktop one. This may be in terms of the log in, shopping cart, messages and posts made by the user.
- You need to also focus on the controls for the mobile users. As they don’t have the flexibility of mouse, the controls should be designed accordingly. Also try reducing the number of sub-indexes in your mobile site as it increases the user-friendliness of the website.
To achieve a robust WordPress mobile website you need to hire WordPress developers who have expertise in this trait. Hiring services of an offshore development center such as Evon technologies would be the wisest choice as the company has considerable experience in WordPress development both in terms of the mobile website and its desktop version. They offer you competitive advantage in the market due to their advanced development techniques.